Adobe Illustrator Logo/Business Cards

 For my Logos/Business Cards assignment I had to choose between the five words:

  • Ambitious
  • Excitable
  • Creative
  • Friendly
  • Optimistic
I started this project by creating mood boards for each word.



By growing inspiration from these mood boards, I created various logos for each word that I feel fit best for me.

When creating these designs, I tried to go for something that represented the word well, but it also had to relate to me. I also did my very best to keep in mind of the 5 key elements to a good logo; simple, memorable, timeless, versatile, and appropriate. After I finished creating these drafts, I looked to see which were the best ones that stood out the most to me. 

The ambitious one's with the person climbing the mountain spoke to me the most so I went forward with that one. I feel like throughout my life I've constantly been pushing for more and wanting more. Reaching the flag, the top point of the mountain definitely symbolizes my ambitions. 

At this point, I went to Adobe Illustrator to create a vectorized illustration.


It was here where I brought in two reference photos of mountains to try my best and recreate a simple version of those mountains. When I created the mountains and found a font that went well with the style that I had in mind and was creating, I couldn't decide on the placement of the mountains. At first I liked how the lines of the mountains matched with the A and the M letters but the rest of the world felt empty. I decided to change the placement and put the mountains in the center of the word. I also wanted some color on the logo so I made the little flag red. I feel like the mountains needed something a little extra to get it's point across and the red x marks the spot. 






Now deciding that I had a complete logo, I went forward with creating some business cards. 



To make sure my logo worked on 3D designs, I tested them out on 3D primitives. 




Comments

Popular Posts