BW to Color using PhotoShop

 For this assignment, I started with a random nice selfie of myself. It was originally in color.




To make the process of recoloring it simpler, I used the clone stamp tool to get rid of the logo on my shirt. I also took out the color so it would be in Black and White.


 Once I had the black and white photo, I started masking each layer so I could change each layers color using three different square color palette's from adobe's color wheel.




This is what was created: 




This assignment wasn't easy. I had multiple difficulties with this. My bangs, the way my hair is frizzy and it's random strands of curls at the ends were the most frustrating things to deal with. I tried my best to go around them and to get the layer underneath but it was really difficult. It was also very hard to tell the difference between certain factors of my face when it came to creating the masked layer. I couldn't tell the difference between my lips and my face skin. I think that's why my lips come out so weird. When I smile my lips do get smaller but I didn't realize they got so small that it almost looks like I have no top lip. I wish I put some dark lipstick or something to help differentiate my lips from my skin. Maybe if I spent some more time on the assignment, I would have been happier with it. It already took so long to do and no matter what different techniques I tried to do, the end product wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to. I really enjoyed picking out the different color palettes and messing with which colors go where. 


Comments

Popular Posts