Poster using Adobe Illustrator

I had a lot of fun creating this assignment. I wanted to create a poster that resonated with me and was a bit out of my comfort zone. I was listening to my favorite band, Queen, while working on this project and was inspired by their song "I Want To Break Free". The lyrics really inspired me with how I am feeling right now so I went with it. 

First I created a make up look that went with this idea in my head. I wanted to show myself smiling happy but through it looking distraught, tired and upset. I wanted a photo that was unnerving and maybe even slightly uncomfortable. I purposefully made my make up smudgey and look like I had just been crying. I also messed my hair up a bit so it would look like I wasn't prepared for a photo.



I brought this photo into Adobe Illustrator and began to work on it. I created a color palette using Adobes color palette tool. 


When choosing these colors I went with what they meant and took inspiration from that. Green meaning disgust, grey meaning depression/sadness, blue meaning freedom, and red meaning danger and also courage.

With all this in mind I created my final piece for the poster. 


I added tear drops to show the emotional difference between the smile but what was being felt. I also added a transparent broken glass photo from google as an overlay to physically represent the breaking. 


Comments

Popular Posts