Somewhere Assignment Using Adobe Photoshop

 For this weeks assignment, I had to choose a clip from a movie and edit myself into that scene. When I heard about this assignment I knew exactly what movie I wanted to do and that is the movie ELF. It's my all time favorite movie and since the Christmas season has started I figured it'd be the perfect choice. I'm also a Christmas Town Performer at Busch Gardens Christmas Town. I found that my costume would be perfect to use for this clip.

First I took a screenshot of a frame from the movie that I felt best suited what I was looking for.  I choose the frame from the ending scene where Buddy and Santa are in the sleigh flying off from almost crashing in New York City. 


Then I took a photo of myself.


With some layered masks and editing of colors, I was able to photoshop myself in.


I really enjoyed this assignment. It was fun to create! I had the idea of putting myself in the movie Elf since we were told about this project. I love the movie elf and to put myself as an elf in it is really fun. Editing my original photo into the movie scene was more difficult than I thought it would be. I didn't have any issues with my layer mask to merge myself into the clip. It was the coloring that was the biggest issue. I couldn't figure out how to get the right color match when it came to making myself the right brightness, and vibrance. Overall, it was an easy assignment. 



Comments

Popular Posts